Last updated: November 2017
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY
Changes to these terms
The content of this website, including these terms, may be changed by us without notice, and you should check this page from time to time for any updated terms.
We may also need to make changes to the customer portal on our website to reflect changes in law or best practice or to deal with additional features which we introduce. We will aim to notify you of any changes and seek your consent when you attempt your first login to the customer portal after such changes have been made. If you do not agree to the changes to the customer portal, you will not be able to login or access the customer portal.
LGT Vestra LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”) and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Our FCA registration details are set out in the FCA Register under Firm Reference number 471048 (www.fca.org.uk). LGT Vestra LLP is registered in England and Wales (registered number OC329392) and our registered office is 14 Cornhill, London EC3V 3NR.
Our Data Protection Notice which also applies to your use of our site, sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. By using our site, you consent to such processing and you confirm that all data provided by you is accurate. It also sets out information about the cookies on our site.
Suspension or withdrawal of our site
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons.
Accessing our site
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information on our site
The information contained in this website should not be regarded as advice or an offer, invitation or solicitation to enter into any financial obligation, activity or promotion of any kind as defined by the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. The provision of any investment services and products, whether or not mentioned in this website, may not always be suitable for an investor, and we recommend that any potential investor consults a financial adviser before entering into any investment contract. Investors should be aware that past performance is not an indication of future performance, the value of investments and the income derived from them may fluctuate and you may not receive back the amount you originally invested.
The content on our site is provided without any representations, guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy or completeness or as to whether it is up to date.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
The intellectual property rights in all elements of our customer portal, including software, databases, data and other information viewed, used or accessed through the customer portal, shall remain vested in us and/or our licensors, and you will not acquire or retain any proprietary right, interest or title in such elements.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Our limitation of liability under these terms does not affect our duty or liability to you which we have under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 or under the regulatory system. Please also see the LGT Vestra terms and conditions which set out our limitation of liability for any services we may provide to you. www.lgtvestra.com
If you are a business user of our site:
We exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it or to our customer portal (whether express or implied) including but not limited to, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
Please note that we only provide our site to you for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Viruses, hacking and other offences
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer program and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for keeping any device on which you access our site secure, and that you must close access to our site when you are not using it. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site and you must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. You may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 if you do so.
We will report any such offence to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such an offence, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any site linked to it.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it in any way whatsoever, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link from any site that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
For registered clients of LGT Vestra who want information about what happens to their personal information that is collected via the client portal area of the website, or via other means separate from the LGT Vestra website, please see the supplemental LGT Vestra terms and conditions under which we provide our investment services to you.
If you have any questions about this Data Protection Notice please contact our data protection officer Paul Martin at the following email address: email@example.com.
What information do we hold about you and how do we collect it?
If you supply LGT Vestra with personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number and contact details through our website then we will store and collect this personal information.
What do we do with your personal information?
We will use your personal information, and may share your personal information with other third parties acting on our behalf, for one or more of the following purposes:
- to provide you with information about our products and services or to otherwise respond to any enquiry or complaint you may make to us;
- to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website, for example, by requesting verification information in order to reset your account password (if required);
- for market research purposes, where we may contact you to ask for your feedback
- for regulatory and legal compliance purposes; and
- for our own administrative purposes, including training our staff, conducting internal audits or transferring assets as part of a sale, purchase or investment in the business.
If at any time after you have consented to us using your personal information for marketing purposes and you wish us to stop using your information for these purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grounds for processing your personal information
To process your personal information lawfully we need to rely on one or more valid legal grounds. Your consent to the processing specified in this Data Protection Notice is the primary legal ground for our processing of your personal information. Other legal grounds we may rely on include:
- your request for our products or services necessitating steps including processing of your personal data to be taken prior to entering into a contract with you and any processing that is necessary for the performance of such contract;
- our legitimate interests as a business (except where your interests or fundamental rights override these). For example, it is within our legitimate interests to use your personal information to prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website and any other authentication purposes; or
- our compliance with a legal obligation to which LGT Vestra is subject.
Disclosure of your personal information
There are circumstances where we may wish to disclose or are compelled to disclose your personal information to third parties. For example, we may pass on your data to:
- our subsidiaries, branches or associated offices within the LGT Group;
- government institutions, authorities and courts (where legally obliged to do so); and
- service providers who are processing the data on behalf of LGT under contractual obligations of confidentiality.
These disclosures of personal information will only take place in accordance with the law and for the purposes listed above.
Security of your personal information
LGT Vestra will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal data that you provide via the website is kept secure. Although we endeavour to protect your personal data, because of the nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the website and any inward transmission of data is carried out at your own risk.
Retention of your personal information
Your personal information will be retained for as long as it is necessary to carry out the purposes set out in this Data Protection Notice (unless longer retention is required by law). However, we will not retain any of your personal information beyond this period and the retention of your personal information will be subject to periodic review. We may keep an anonymised form of your personal information, which will no longer refer to you, for statistical purposes without time limits, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful interest in doing so.
Your legal rights under data protection law
Data protection law provides individuals with certain rights, including the right to: access, rectify, withdraw consent, erase, restrict, transport, and object to the processing of, their personal information. Individuals also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant information protection authority if they believe that their personal information is not being processed in accordance with the law. Further information about your rights is set out below:
- Right to obtain a copy of your personal information. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you like would to obtain a copy of this information please email us at email@example.com. You may be required to submit a proof of your identity and a fee.
- Right to rectification. You may request that we rectify any inaccurate and/or complete any incomplete personal information.
- Right to withdraw consent. You may, as permitted by law, withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your previous consent. Please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to benefit from certain service features for which the processing of your personal information is essential.
- Right to object to processing. You may, as permitted by law, request that we stop processing your personal information.
- Right to erasure. You may request that we erase your personal information and we will comply, unless there is a lawful reason for not doing so.
- Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. We suggest that you contact us about any questions or if you have a complaint in relation to how we process your personal information. However, you do have the right to contact the relevant supervisory authority directly. To contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom, , please visit the ICO website for instructions.
Special Regulatory Information
Please visit our website to view our Special Regulatory Information. http://www.lgtvestra/legal-notice.com